Sunday, January 13, 2008

Why I Wish I lived in Scotland

Usually more than once a week, I wish I lived in Scotland. It started the first time I went, in August 1999, and while bumming around the awesome city of Edinburgh I kept thinking how cool it would be to live there. I still hold that point of view, and this post was inspired by the news of this event that happens next weekend. The Scottish pipers are some of the best on the competition circuit these days (not to mention some really cool guys), and the Irish pipers are no slouches either. I don't know much about Breton piping but I'd listen to it for sure. If I lived in Glasgow I'd be able to just pop in for the concert, or stop in to the National Piping Centre to see what's going on. Living in the US, especially in a remote and piping-sparse area of the country, I'm well away from the hotbed of piping that is Scotland or Ontario, making concerts like this only a pipe dream. Sigh.

No comments: