Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bad News, Good News

Bad news: I haven't played my pipes for two days
Good news: I got a good chunk of my schoolwork done for the next few weeks.

So I'm going through bagpipe withdrawal, and the only cure is to play. I should have some time this evening for a good practice session, but that's 10 hours away. Whether I have the energy for a practice session is another story.

AP physics has been a drain on my time recently, and with the start of a new semester I've decided to make some big changes with the way the course is run. Already it looks very different from last semester, and I've realized I need to have more thorough plans for that class. I've put in a lot of time over the last few days (6 hours total) outside of class, and we'll see how long I can keep up that intensity. It's exhausting.

I'm hoping to be able to use my pipes for winding down, but it takes a lot of energy to play them, and after teaching all day it's energy that I don't have. Any motivational thoughts would be appreciated!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

When you get home, listen to some real good piping before you play! Always gets me motivated and energized for a good practice session. Some caffeine probably wont hurt either.