Friday, January 25, 2008

The Appeal of Really Bad Jokes

I'm not sure what brought this to mind this afternoon, but I realized I haven't heard and really good bad jokes lately. My favorite jokes to hear (and tell) are not the ones that make you laugh, but the ones that make you groan. It's probably from my dad, whether genetic or the environment I was raised in, but I love it. Here are a few of my favorites that come to mind. Some are real groaners, some are just terrible, but I like them all.

So these two silk worms were in a race. They ended up in a tie.

Did you hear about the cannibal who are the charismatic? He threw up his hands.

I went to the Levi's factory and got a denimstration on how they make jeans.

Why don't cannibals eat clowns? They taste funny.

What did the cannibal do after he dumped his girlfriend? Wiped his ass.

These two guys are lost in the desert and are starving (somehow they have enough water). They come to the top of a dune and see an oasis in the valley below, green and lush. The most attractive feature is a tree that is clearly laden with bacon, pork chops, sausage, and lots of the "other white meat." Surely it must be a mirage, so one of guys decides to wait while the other checks it out. They each take a walkie talkie so they can communicate while they're apart. The one guy cautiously approaches the bacon tree, and when he's about 30 feet away these machine guns pop out of the bushes and cut him down. With his dying breath, he picks up the radio and calls his partner: "It's not a bacon tree, it's a ham bush!"

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

Why did the cat fall off the slippery roof? It didn't have enough mu. (physics joke)
(end of list of jokes)

What's wrong with me that it's silly little things like this that make me laugh? It's kind of sad, really, but I don't care.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

But silly is good!! Tell me one 'serious' joke that is funny... except for maybe satire..

sisterbrothers said...

Well, another victim has stumbled on to your blog. Funny jokes. Maybe someday you can humor (get it?!) your sister and post the "what do you call a guy with..." jokes. I only remember a few, like Russel, Matt, and Bob. Pretty, pretty please?