Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Security Recap

A few days ago I wrote about taking bagpipes through airport security, and as promised I'm reporting in with the results from this weekend.  The first time I went through security was at the Portland International Jetport (PWM) in Portland, Maine, and the screener called her supervisor over for a bag check.  The supervisor looked at the screen for a minute and said "Bagpipes?"  Turns out he was a firefighter for 30 years and has heard his fair share of pipes.

The return trip through BWI was far less eventful.  I don't think there were any confused looks, but I was preoccupied with the change in my pocket that set off the metal detector so I didn't really get a chance to look at faces.  By the way, I've gone through security before with change in my pocket and it didn't do anything.  Guess it just wasn't my day. 

No comments: