Thursday, April 10, 2008

I feel so helpless

My cell phone apparently died tonight. I was in the middle of a conversation with a nice girl, and it just stopped working and said "Insert SIM card." The SIM card is a little removable piece of plastic that holds information about the phone, including the phone number. If you switch phones, just pop the SIM card into the new phone and it takes you contacts and phone number with it; minimizes the amount of switching. If you travel internationally, buying a SIM card specific to the region will allow you to use your phone there without buying a new one.

I'm hardly a SIM card expert, but mine doesn't look right. See the picture; seems like it should have that black smudge. Kind of bothers me that it was in the middle of a conversation, the card and phone are both less than a year old, and in 2008 who can survive more than a few hours without having the cell phone handy? I don't know what I'll do until I can stop by Radio Shack to see what they have to say.


Followup for this picture here.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Yeah that definitely doesn't look like a healthy thing for your phone. It's like looking at a tar spot on a smoker's lung. Icky.