Saturday, April 12, 2008

I feel so dumb

This is a companion post to the previous post about the cell phone. That post includes a picture of the apparently fried SIM card from my phone. I showed the SIM card to Chris at breakfast this morning and he said "It's a picture of a person. The brown part is hair, the tan part below it is a forehead, the white part on the other side is the sleeve of someone next to that person." I looked at it differently and said "Yeah, I guess it kinda does look like that." Turn your head to the right while looking at the picture, it's easier to see.

Went to Radio Shack to see what I could find out. They tried a new SIM card, which was attached to a card about the size of my driver's license. Printed on that card, sure enough, was a picture of two people, one seated with brown hair. When punched out of the card, the SIM looked just like mine. So no char marks, no smudge, just hair.

And it sounds like the problem isn't with the SIM card, it's with the phone. Still under warranty (by about three weeks) so the manufacturer should fix it for free.

No comments: