Monday, September 22, 2008

Just another day in piping...

This weekend was my most recent competition, the New Hampshire Highland Games.  It's the closest to my home, and also the largest games in the States that I will attend this year.  It's held at Loon Mountain ski resort, which is a really nice venue, and the games in general is very well organized and run. 

My solo competitions went reasonably well, with some high points and some low points.  The real story of the day though was the weather; after about 10:00 am it was a gorgeous late summer day.  Up until then, however, it was a gorgeous late fall morning, being far too cold for piping. 

So that's the story of fall weather in New England, beautiful afternoons with cold, clear crisp mornings.  I would have liked it much better if I hadn't been piping.  Whatever.

No comments: