Monday, September 8, 2008

Keydetpiper.com back online

You may have noticed that keydetpiper.com was down for a few days, and I'm happy to report it's up and running again. 

Not to go into too much detail, but here's what happened.  It had been hosted at Yahoo, and they notified me to tell me that they were eliminating my service plan and automatically upgrading me to the next level; it's a nice way of saying they're raising my monthly fee.  I don't like that, so canceled my account with them and found another company to host my site.  Turns out I did things in the wrong order: the canceling should have come after the finding a new host, and because I did things the wrong way 'round it made it more complicated.  Instead of a seamless switch that no one would have noticed, the site was offline completely for about 5 days.  I finally got things worked out and I'm back, so I think everything is good.  Feel free to visit and see the new (old) site.

No comments: