Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Next competition: Maine Highland Games

My next solo competition is one that I really look forward to, and I feel like it's the home competition.  It's not the closest one I'll do this year, but it is in Maine, and since that's where I live it has a different feel to it.  Last year I didn't do very well in solos, but this year I'll be practicing up and hopefully will come out better. 

Held at Thomas Point Beach in Brunswick, it's right on the water and a gorgeous venue.  It's about 45 minutes from Portland, 20 minutes from Freeport, and a good way to spend the day.  Come out and watch some solo piping in the morning, pipe bands in the afternoon, and athletics and dancing throughout the day.

We're hoping for a good turnout and good weather; hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Wish I could go. :( It'll feel weird not going this year!