Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Maxville wrap up

Got back a few days ago from our road trip to the Glengarry Highland Games in Maxville, Ontario.  All in all it was a good trip and a chance to hang out with my friends, but as always a few things went wrong and are listed below. 

Things that went wrong at Maxville:
  1. I didn't get to play my solos.  My entry form didn't get there in time so I wasn't on the list. 
  2. Glenn Brown didn't win the former winners' Gold Medal piobaireachd.  He should have. 
  3. The kids camping behind us wanted to start a riot.  Or at least that's what they were chanting from midnight until 2:00 am after they returned from the beer tent. 
  4. After a very nice day on Friday and nice morning on Saturday, it rained.  And it didn't just rain, it RAINED.  At least it waited until the Grade 1 MSR band contest was done, but that's small consolation.
I'm not bitter about any of these (except maybe #2), and I'll classify the trip as a success.  We heard lots of good piping, saw some friends we hadn't seen for a while, and had a good time.  Next time we won't be camping for reason #3, but I still thought it was fun.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I had a great time, too! Camping was an experience, but expected. Wouldn't mind camping again next year provided we pitch tent closer to the authorities.