Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A new time waster: How Many Clicks?

One of my friends came up with this game, similar to Six Degrees from Kevin Bacon.  Pick an actor and start at the home page of IMDB.  Using only the mouse, get to that actor's profile page by weaving a tangled web from the links on the home page.  It's hard!  The movies on the front page are the new ones out, so you need to know who is in them and a whole bunch of other movies they've been in. 

I tried it twice this afternoon; results below.

1.  Mel Gibson.  I randomly chose this guy and it turned out to be really easy; Dark Knight is of course in the news now, starring Heath Ledger, who starred in The Patriot with Mel Gibson.  In my own invented notation it would read like this:

Dark Knight --> Heather Ledger --> Patriot --> Mel Gibson


2. Steve Buscemi.  Suggested by the girlfriend, this turned out to be much more difficult.  I had to sit down and sketch it out.  Here's what I came up with:

Dark Knight --> Gary Oldman --> Dracula --> Keanu Reeves --> Matrix --> Carrie-Anne Moss --> Memento --> Jorja Fox --> CSI --> Marg Helgenberger --> Species --> Michael Madsen --> Reservoir Dogs --> Steve Buscemi.

Pretty convoluted I know.  Can you find a faster way?  Suggest other actors? 

No comments: