Friday, February 22, 2008

You're traveling without what???

As you may have guessed from the title, I am traveling. I'm off of school this week (February vacation), and have traveled to Virginia to spend some time with the girlfriend and the parents. I'm still there, writing this post on an ancient (and dying) hp laptop, far from my beloved Macbook.

So what am I traveling without? Two things actually: the first you might guess from the last sentence, and that is my computer. Staying in a resort in the Shenandoah valley without wireless internet (at least without free wireless internet), and not really needing my computer to do schoolwork, I decided to leave it at home to make one less thing to travel with. I have missed it a little bit, but it's kind of nice find things to do that don't involve a wireless internet connection.

The second item is the big one: my bagpipes. This is the first time in recent memory that I have traveled without pipes, and for much the same reason that I left the computer at home. Staying in a condo I thought I'd let the neighbors have a little peace and quiet; besides, the resort's policies specifically prohibit "loud and annoying activities." I don't think the pipes are annoying, but they are definitely loud.

So I feel somewhat naked traveling without those two items, but it's a lot easier to get through the airport with only one bag. Besides, I have plenty of time to waste when I get back.

No comments: